MOVE is Majan's Online Learning Environment. It is based on Moodle, a system used by over 65,000 educational institutions worldwide. It provides a learning environment that can be accessed anywhere and at any time, extending the learning experience outside the four walls of the classroom. Lecturers can use MOVE to provide self-testing assessments, module resources, online discussions and many more interesting and engaging activities. At Majan MOVE is a key part of our students’ learning. Students submit all their assignments electronically on MOVE, and access module materials and activities.
Majan’s IT support department provides end-to-end delivery of IT services to college staff and students with more than 550 hosts, and infrastructure with the latest storage systems, mail servers, Oracle/SQL databases and virtualisation. There are 4 staff members.
A few of the functions of the IT department are:
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure, IT systems, LAN and Wireless LAN for the college and hostels,
- Improving the capacity and reliability of the IT infrastructure,
- Installing, configuring, and optimizing applications,
- Installing, testing and documenting security policies,
- Providing suggestions to management for implementing new technologies in the university based on present day trends,
- Managing IT operational risks to ensure business continuity.
Contact details:Tel: +968 24730447 / 446
Fax: + 968 24730490