MA in Applied Linguistics - Starting in February 2019
Awarded by University of Bedfordshire, UK
Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Oman
Start Date: 18th of October 2018 (Thursday)
Application Deadline: 24th of January 2019 (Thursday)
Course Starts: 7th of February 2019 (Thursday)
Duration of the course:
2 years / 4 semesters
Mode of Study:
Part-time in a blended learning format (4 or 5 weekends in a semester)
Lead faculty from University of Bedfordshire, UK. Tutorial support by Faculty members of Majan College (University College)
A good (i.e. 1st or 2nd class or 2.5+ / 4 GPA scale) honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution. We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience.
Language requirement: IELTS 6.0, with no lower than 5.5. in any subcomponent (or equivalent TOEFL score)
Tuition Fees: 7200 OMR (to be paid over 4 semesters as shown below)
Semester 1: 1200 OMR; Semester 2: 1800 OMR; Semester 3: 1800 OMR; Semester 4: 2400 OMR
Registration Fees: 200 OMR
Deposit (Refundable): 100 OMR
Twice a year (February & September)
|The Language System and Language Teaching (30 credits)|
|Materials Development for Language Teaching and Learning (15 credits), Assessment and Accreditation (15 credits), Issues in Second Language Acquisition (15 credits)|
|Exploring Research: Concepts and Methods (15 credits), The Methodology of Language Teaching (15 credits), Professional Practices (15 credits)|
|Dissertation in Applied Linguistics and ELT (60 credits)|
*Note that the order of modules in semesters 2 and 3 may vary from cohort to cohort.
- Contact the PG Office at Majan College and receive course information & an application form, by email
- Submit the application form along with supporting documents at Majan College.
- The University will process the application and notify the decision by email, within 10 working days
- For Omani nationals the MoHE processes and approves the applications. This takes 2 to 4 weeks.
- The PG office at Majan College will notify the decision via email to the candidate