The Mission of the college library is to design, produce, acquire, store and make available information resources to meet the teaching and learning, information and research needs of College students and staff, and to provide users with advice and assistance in their use.
The library has a comprehensive and up to date collection of books and resources in the field of Accounting, Business, E-business, HRM, Marketing, IT and EFL.
- 25,000 printed books
- 122,000 thousand eBooks (through ebrary)
- More than 17,000 publications through ProQuest central database.
- Audiovisual materials
- A range of academic journals of international repute.
- Periodicals and newspapers
Sunday - Wednesday: 8:00am - 8:30pm*
Thursday: 8:00 - 3:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:30pm** The library is also open 10:00am - 5:30pm on Fridays when Post Graduate classes are in session. Please check with the library for latest dates.
* term time only, outside of term time the library will close at 4:30pm
** from week eight of teaching until the end of exams
Printing and scanning services
- Students can access multifunction printing, scanning, photocopying machines in the library and can print from any computer lab in the college.
- Students receive RO 1 of print credit from the college each semester, and additional credit can be purchased as required. Black and white printing/copying costs 10bz per double sided sheet, and colour copying costs 70bz per sheet.
Online Information Resources :
Majan University College students can access around 10,000 electronic journals through the University of Bedfordshire’s Digital library.
UoB Digital library included 10 databases for eBooks, 33 databases for Academic e-Journals and 6 online databases for Newspapers.
E-brary is an online repository of e-books, including 127,000 titles available for searching, reading online and downloading.
ProQuest Central is the largest, multidisciplinary, full-text online database available in the market today. It covers subject like Business, Science & Technology, Health and Medical, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities and News. This resource provides access to 30 of ProQuest's most highly used databases, with a variety of content types across over 160 subjects
- 21,000 periodical titles
- Over 70,000 full text dissertations in the areas of business, psychology, physical sciences, health, education and more.
- Over 90,000 working papers from providers such as SSRN.
- Thousands of up-to-date market and industry reports, and country profiles.
- The most comprehensive collection of market, industry, and economic reports available on the market today.
- Over 1,000 international newspapers and news wire services are available in current full text.
Tel: +968 24730413 / 443